Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is frequently recognized by national associations and local publications alike for our unsurpassed commitment to providing high-quality healthcare to the South Florida community and beyond.
Here are some of the honors our family of physicians, nurses, support staff and volunteers have received over the years.
- Favorite Pediatric Hospital, Broward Family Life’s BFF (Broward’s Family Favorites), 2013
- Favorite Pediatric Emergency Room, Broward Family Life’s BFF (Broward’s Family Favorites), 2013
- Best Emergency Room for Kids in Broward County, South Florida Parenting, 2013, 2012, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001.
- Best Hospital for Pediatrics in Broward County, South Florida Parenting, 2013, 2012 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996.
- Best Physicians/Medical Offices in Broward County, [U18] Sports Medicine, South Florida Parenting, 2013
- Hall of Fame: Best of the Best Pediatric Hospitals, South Florida Parenting, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007.
- USGBC GalaVerde Award, Outstanding LEED New Construction/Healthcare, USGBC South Florida, 2012
- Excellence in Patient Care "Special Category" Award – Physician Satisfaction, Studer Group®, 2011
- Excellence in Patient Care "Special Category" Award – Children's Hospitals and Clinics, Studer Group®, 2010.
- Best of the Best: Readers' Choice, Florida's Top Hospitals for Quality of Care, Organizational Culture, Communication, Professional Development and Retention Efforts, Advance for Nurses, 2009, 2008.
- Best Hospital for Families with Special Needs, South Florida Parenting, 2009, 2003.
- Best Nursing Team, Pediatric Emergency Department, Advance for Nurses, 2008.
- Fire Starter, Studer Group, January 2008.
- Best Nursing Team, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Advance for Nurses, 2002.
- Best Nursing Staff, Florida Medical Business, 2001.
- Best Pediatric Emergency Room, Florida Baby, 1999.
- Safe City, National Safety Council, 1998.
- Safety Net, National Association of Public Hospitals & Health Systems, 1998.